Since I have been sucking royally at updating regularly on my blog AND keeping up with NaNoWriMo, I thought it would be fun to give you all a little heads up as far as how my progress has been…er…progressing.
And so, I present to you:
My Month of Writing Dangerously
As you can see by all the red days, I have not been doing well. However, i can now also present:
Le Month of Hijinks:
In which I….
- traveled cross country
- made a five tier wedding cake (in about 48 sleepless hours)
- helped rescue my friend’s phone from a rampaging sofa
- more than likely lost my phone to said sofa
- got back in touch with childhood friends
- helped improve the vocabulary of Orlando citizens (who doesn’t know what hijinks are?!!)
- visited a free portion of DisneyWorld with my daughter
- actually caught the wedding bouquet!!
- wandered around downtown Orlando (on purpose!)
- tried to use a friend’s name to get in for free at a club in Orlando (didn’t work)
- wandered around downtown Jacksonville (so not on purpose, cops and crying were involved)
- learned how to drive to two completely different wal*marts in Jacksonville
- quite possibly may have microscopically improved my Spanish (side note: don’t say cabron/a around Puerto Ricans and never under any circumstances refer to anyone as a jiggaboo)
And I’m not done yet folks! This month has been full of
hijinks!!! accomplishments that I’m quite proud of. If I could do almost all of that in two weeks, I’m sure I can actually complete the things I need to in 8 days.
Just like updating this blog, it’s just a matter of actually buckling down and doing it!